Wednesday, January 16, 2013

January 16th - 2013 Regular Legislative Session Day 2

After another hour of pomp and circumstance, Governor Inslee is about to begin his first address to the Legislature ...

Within 1 minute of his speech, Governor Inslee referenced the Sandy Hook tragedy … he could be signaling a desire to expand gun control.

Governor Inslee expressed how proud he is of the passage on Referendum 74 … ugh.

Wall Street is the problem … OR, it could be an over-reaching, over-spending government.

The Governor believes we need economic development and job growth … maybe he’ll endorse a couple of our bills aimed at creating jobs and economic development or maybe not.

Governor Inslee will be proposing a"tradable R&D tax credit to help early-stage companies to develop commercialize their ideas” … interesting concept, only the Democrat Majority has opposed all tax credits and incentives over the past 4 years. Remember the entire"close tax loopholes” argument?

Governor Inslee says"I am serious about reform. In the weeks to come I will be taking action to transition to a results and data-driven government,
with continuous quality improvement, employee engagement, and clear accountability … great, I will be introducing the"Regulatory Freedom and Accountability Act. I look forward to the Governor’s support.

Governor Inslee says"Washington women need the freedom and privacy to make the health care decisions that are best for themselves and their families. That's why I look forward to the Legislature sending the Reproductive Parity Act to my desk, which I will sign” … translation, Governor Inslee demands and will sign mandatory health care coverage for abortions.

Governor Inslee says"Any failure to address the issue of violence in our communities and our schools will be intolerable, and in the coming weeks I will work with the legislature to address this crisis responsibly.”

And then,"I know the sooner we reject the extremes and embrace common sense, the sooner we'll be able to get a public health solution to this public health problem. And common sense tells us that this solution will involve mental health and keeping guns out of the wrong hands, while respecting the right for my son to hunt, and my uncle to defend his home” … I’m not sure what all that means, but I expect we’ll see something from the Democrats soon.

And now Governor Inslee is discussing Climate Change saying"As a parent and a grandparent, I cannot consciously accept the dangers of climate change for my family or yours. As a governor, I can't afford to look the other way or point fingers or deny these realities, and I cannot allow our state to miss the moment we are destined for. All of us in Washington will have to square up to both our responsibility and our opportunity on climate change” … this is not good news for the taxpayers or landowners of Washington.


https://chumly.com/n/1972500

No comments:

Post a Comment