Wednesday, February 22, 2012

2012 Regular Legislative Session Day 45

I think I’m finally getting sick. I’ve been able to avoid getting sick all year, but I think it’s finally setting in. Ugh! At least my General Government Appropriations and Oversight Committee meeting was delayed until 9:00 AM this morning. The committee will also be meeting at 1:30 PM this afternoon. It looks like we only had 8 bills referred to the committee, so it could be a fairly short meeting this morning.

We have a short Floor Session scheduled for 10:00 AM today and then we’ll be caucusing on the Operating Budget and Capital Budget. The Democrat Majority released their proposed budget yesterday and it doesn’t look good at all. Rumor has it we’ll be debating the Operating Budget on Friday and passing it on Saturday. Apparently the Democrats are in a hurry to get the proposed budget over to the Senate by Monday ... I don’t know why, but that’s what we’ve been told.

With only 15 days left in the Regular Session, things are going to be getting ramped up again. I can honestly say this has been a crazy, weird, crappy, foolish, stupid session.


https://chumly.com/n/10e96de

No comments:

Post a Comment