Thursday, February 16, 2012

2012 Regular Legislative Session Day 39

My day started with an Environment Committee meeting. Senate Bill 6082 is among the bills being heard this morning. The bill mandates the addition of several questions to the SEPA Checklist related to potential impacts to agricultural lands. Although many in the agricultural community like the idea, I do not. All the bill will do is create new appeal opportunities for individuals or organizations opposed to any development ... ever heard of Futurewise or Sierra Club? With all due respect to my Republican friends in the Senate supporting the bill, you do not know what you’re dealing with. This is a bad idea so we’ll have to try and amend or kill the bill.

I have a 10:00 AM State Government and Tribal Affairs Committee meeting. Rep. Sam Hunt is the chairman of the Committee and he keeps changing the dang agenda. He’s been doing this all year ... guess it’s time to jerk his chain a little bit. Hmm, this could be fun.

The rest of my day should be fairly uneventful. I have a few meetings, but nothing real serious on my calendar. It’s going to be a great day to rest and recuperate.


http://chumly.com/n/10ba710

No comments:

Post a Comment