Wednesday, December 28, 2011

December 28, 2011

With the Christmas holiday finally in the rear-view mirror, it's time to focus on the road ahead for 2012. Boy oh boy, where to begin? Robert and I are working hard to get an arena secured in order to put on a practice series for calf roping, team roping, break away, and barrel racing. We think we have one secured, but need to get it finalized as soon as possible. This could be a really great opportunity to showcase our cattle with the local ropers.

We had our first 2011-12 calf last week. A really nice little bull calf that's doing really well. We should start seeing new calves daily sometime next week. I'm really looking forward to it. We've got our 2 and half year old stud colt (soon to be a gelding) over with Tim Kunka right now. Tim's been doing a great job with Buck. If you have any horse training needs, check out timkunkatraining.com.

Only about 9 days left until I head back over to Olympia for the 2012 Regular Session. After 3 years over there, I've learned that keeping a positive attitude can be very difficult. Fortunately, I've got some really great friends who (attempt to) keep me grounded and focused. If you don't know Charles Ross, you should! He's got the quickest (and sometimes harshest) one-liners around, like an old school gun fighter with words.

Matt Shea is another guy worth meeting. When it comes to Constitutional law and principles there's no one better, but he's also a guy you can trust to always have your back. Then there's Jason Overstreet (aka The Rooster) ... wow, where to begin? Jason is someone you simply must meet. Very principled, very conservative and not afraid to give his opinion to anyone. Jason is someone who always reminds me why we do what we do.

Now I've know Joel Kretz for a few years and can tell you stories ... wow. Joel is probably the only person in Olympia who knows exactly how to "communicate" with me and it usually involves him telling me to calm down about whatever it is that has me all wrapped around the axle. He's a great friend.

Finally, Richard DeBolt, our leader and Grand Poobah, is probably the toughest person to describe to anyone who doesn't know him. Rich has a great sense of humor and is one of the smartest people I know. When I met Rich for the first time he reminded me of Adam Sandler ... enough said.

I rely on the guys a lot in Olympia and trust them implicitly. I know I don't thank them enough for all they do and I hope they know I would go to war with them any day.






http://chumly.com/n/ef90fe

No comments:

Post a Comment