Sunday, December 4, 2011

2011 2nd Special Session Day 5 and 6

I was able to get thing done fairly early on Saturday, so I ran down to Mossyrock to Tim Kunka's horse training facility to do a little ranch sorting, check our cattle and see how our two young horses are doing. I was not disappointed ... the cattle look really good, the horses seem to be coming along and the ranch sorting was a lot of fun. A couple of really nice ladies let me ride their horses for the sorting. The first one was a little soft mouthed, which made things interesting and when I set my spurs to the little mare started to hump up and buck a bit. I just kept her sorting until she worked through her little spasm. The second horse never bucked, but it was obvious she didn't appreciate my style either. One of the ladies said, "you ride more aggressive then I do. I've never seen her buck like that before." Man I needed that after a week in Olympia.

I got a call Saturday night from Jack Fields (Washington Cattlemen's Association Executive VP) to tell me the Fish and Wildlife Commission adopted an amended Wolf Management and Conservation Plan. Needless to say I was disappointed to hear that, especially after several Legislators sent the Commission a letter asking them to delay consideration until after the USFWS completes their status review. We also asked the Commission to tell the Legislature what they were going to cut in order to implement the plan.

I went to Fred Meyers this morning and the checker showed me a picture of a wolf someone she knows killed in Idaho this year. I guess the cowboy hat was her cue to show me. :-) I ended up talking to her and 3 other people about wolves in Washington. It's amazing more people don't know how many wolves are all ready here! Time to educate the masses.

I'm doing some laundry this morning and researching options to address the Wolf Plan. Interestingly, the Department of Fish and Wildlife has removed a required link to Wolf Reports from their website. Time to rattle some cages. I've also been looking into the depth of Agenda 21 infiltration in State Government. It's not pretty. For an example check out www.ecy.wa.gov/sustainability/index.html.


https://chumly.com/n/e6e2de

No comments:

Post a Comment