Thursday, December 22, 2011

December 22, 2011

Two weeks from tomorrow, I head back to Olympia for the 2012 Regular Session. From what we're hearing, the $500 million sales tax increase may still be sitting on the horizon and there may be a proposed $1.0 billion property tax increase. Remember what Albert Einstein said? "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." It would appear the Democrat Majority doesn't remember?

The rest of the week will be fairly slow going, which I'm thankful for. We still need to mend a fence the US Army won't fix and may get that done Friday or Saturday. Otherwise, it's feeding cattle and horses and relaxing just a little bit. We're headed to Ellensburg on Sunday for Christmas with my family and then I'm taking Brock home on Monday. I've got a couple of meeting in Olympia on Tuesday and then back to Moxee for the remainder of the year.

The weather finally cleared up and now it's just cold. The yearlings are doing fantastic and having some great horn growth right now. We ended up separating the calf pen into three separate pens to keep the smallest ones healthy ... best thing we've done for far this winter. This years filly is getting really big. She's got great confirmation, now we just need her to finish coloring out.

Headed to town in a bit to pick up pigs at the butcher, go to the bank, get propane, and finish Christmas shopping. I'm pretty proud of myself for getting my shopping done before the 24th.

Merry Christmas everyone.


http://chumly.com/n/ed9260

No comments:

Post a Comment