Sunday, March 27, 2011

2001 Legislative Session

Days 75, 76 and 77 - As an update to Day 75 (Friday), Rep. Charles Ross and I met with the Governor to pitch a few ideas we have to address funding for K-12 education, public safety and programs for kids and the elderly. After hearing the Governor explain why she can't pursue any of our ideas, we asked her a series of questions. Instead of answering our questions, she simply restated why she can't pursue our ideas. Needless to say, I wasn't satisfied with the Governor's non-responses and spent all day Saturday (Day 76) doing further research into the issues. Amazingly enough what I've found so far provides further support for our ideas. My guess is the Governor hasn't dealt with someone who does their own research and won't blindly accept whatever she says. Hehehe ... Oh crap, Taylor's back!

As I've previously posted, this Session has been really strange. I've never seen this many committee meetings canceled, especially appropriations committees. I think things are lining up to make the last 4 weeks very interesting. I expect to see a lot of bills pulled directly from committees to the floor for debate, circumventing the normal public process. The Senate has already introduced several "Title Only" bills to protect the Democrat Majority's ability to keep their pet issues alive. It should be very interesting.

         
http://chum.ly/n/7bc318

No comments:

Post a Comment