Friday, February 4, 2011

2011 Legislative Session

TVW - Washington State Public Affairs Network: MEDIA:House Floor Debate:  www.tvw.org/media/mediaplayer.cfm?evid=2011020040&...hcp=1

Day 26 - Today was National Guard Day at the Capital. It was a great, great day, in which the House passed a Resolution honoring the WA National Guard and passed HB 1000. As the Ranking Republican on the State Government and Tribal Affairs Committee, I was pleased to support HB 1000 in committee and on the House Floor (see attached @ 23 minutes). My brother-in-law, Lt. Peter Brown USMC, is currently serving in Afghanistan and I am proud to support a bill that will ensure his vote is counted in an election.

I'll be in Olympia over the weekend working on a couple of bills. We introduced HB 1840 today. Several of our members have been inundated by email because of my three Wolf Management Bills. Well, as you can imagine, I was felling a little guilty about causing a landslide of email being sent to them. HB 1840 should, hopefully, bring a little balance to the discussion ... I would encourage everyone to read the bill.

                     
http://chum.ly/n/66a108

No comments:

Post a Comment