Tuesday, January 31, 2012

2012 Regular Legislative Session Day 22

Yesterday’s committee hearings finally ended at 8:00 PM for me ... an incredibly long day. My State Government and Tribal Affairs Committee did not go very well. Rep Sam Hunt, who is the Chairman of the Committee, decided to start taking Executive Action on bills while we were still Caucusing. This is after the games the Speaker played on the House Floor yesterday morning. Needless to say, I need to figure out how to make life difficult for these people around here. Not happy!

With all the crap on the Floor and in committee yesterday, I was very pleased with the Labor and Workforce Committee Meeting. Rep. Sells runs a very good hearing and is very fair to everyone. I may not like his politics, but he does a great job running the committee.

I’m back in the General Government Appropriations and Oversight Committee this morning for 4 more work sessions and 3 bills for Public Hearings. Can anyone please explain to me why we are still holding"work sessions” to hear how overworked and under budgeted all these agencies are? Ugh!

I also have a Labor and Workforce Development Committee meeting at 10:00 AM today, with 5 bills for Public Hearing and 9 scheduled for Executive Action. Finally, at 1:30 PM today is the Environment Committee where 4 bills are scheduled for Executive Action. Today is the cutoff for all policy committees, so the frantic pace of the last few days will be coming to an end.


http://chumly.com/n/1014ca6

No comments:

Post a Comment