Thursday, September 1, 2011

September 1, 2011

Where did the summer go? Seriously, it seems like I just returned home from a very, very long Legislative Session (ok, it was long ... 135 days long). We officially started 3rd cutting of hay this week for two of our "custom" customers. Our hay fields look to be a couple of weeks out, but we'll see. I'm thankful for mild weather this week and hope to get a lot done before the weekend.

Since school started on Monday, I decided it was time to get back into shape and started exercising again. I kept telling myself "round" is a shape, but the guy in the mirror didn't buy it.

I was reminded yesterday of yet another fee increase passed by the Democrat Majority last session. I stopped in and bought my Hunting License yesterday, which saved me from the increased fees that begin today. Sorry all you hunters, but if you haven't purchased your hunting license for 2011 yet it's going to cost you more.

The next couple of months look to be fairly busy for me. I have several committee meetings in Olympia and several meetings with constituents and constituent groups leading up to the committee meetings. Over the past couple of days I've received a bunch of information on tribal retrocession, which will keep me busy for a few days. I'm also participating in a property rights seminar in Spokane on October 1st related to critical areas and shoreline management. If you want more information on the meeting, let me know.

We're headed to Mossyrock this weekend to take a couple of horses to Tim Kunka for training. Tim does a great job and I would recommend him to anyone. We're taking a few calves too ... Tim's been holding Ranch Sorting events Thursday nights at his place. Visit timkunkatraining.com for more information.


http://chumly.com/n/ba3f49

No comments:

Post a Comment