Monday, May 2, 2011

2011 Legislative Special Session

Day 7 - Back in the saddle again ... Olympia that is. We were called back for what was to be 4 days of work, but then we found out we'd only be considering 11 bills today and the Ways and Means Committee would be meeting on Thursday. Great use of time by the Democrat Majority ... seriously, 3 hour drive to consider 11 bills. A great use of taxpayers money. I have an idea, the next time we're called back I'll bring one of our bulls with me and release it on the Capital Campus ... I'll pick him up when you let use leave for good. Hehehe ...

I spent the last week trying to get caught up around the house. I finally got the irrigation fixed and turned on for a full 2 days before having to turn it back off to head back to Olympia. Now I'm only 29 days behind schedule. We went out and got a load of hay a week ago, only to get within about a mile from home when the truck caught fire. After getting the fire put out and saving the truck, the hay and the trailer I thought to myself, "well that was fun!"

We supplied calves to the Shootout roping in Ellensburg on Saturday. Based on the feedback from the ropers, the calves ran great and everyone was happy. It could be a big deal for us and might lead to supplying calves to a few more ropings in the future. The calves all came back looking good and were turned back onto the calves on Sunday.

It is quite frustrating to be back in Olympia for a total of 11 bills. The Democrat Majority doesn't need our votes to pass anything, yet they can't get their crap together to actually get anything done. Oh well, things will be different in 2012 when we are back in control.


http://chum.ly/n/8938cb

No comments:

Post a Comment