Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Less Government, Lower Taxes and More Freedom -

After a whirl-wind week, I’m back in Olympia facing the third Special Session of 2013. I participated in a property rights/Agenda 21 meeting in Yelm last Wednesday that went really well. The folks seem to be fired up and are asking a lot of great questions. I traveled to Utah over the weekend with Representatives Matt Shea and Jason Overstreet to show our support for Senator Mike Lee. The rally was great and turnout was fantastic. On Monday, I traveled to the UW to speak to law students about drones and driverless vehicles. It was a great experience and hope the students enjoyed it as much as I did.

As many people know, the Governor has called the Legislature back into Special Session to consider several bills that are needed in order for the Machinists Union to ratify their contract with Boeing. I have to admit that I don’t understand why legislative action is necessary for a private union to ratify a labor contract with a private corporation. At a minimum it sets a bad precedent. I do find it ironic that the most significant opponent to our Drone Bill last year (HB 1771) aimed at protecting citizens Constitutional rights, is now coming before the Legislature seeking additional tax cuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment