Thursday, April 14, 2011

2011 Legislative Session

Day 95 - It's official ... the Democrat Majorities in the House and Senate have lost their collective minds. The Democrats are bound and determined to raise taxes on way or another. To quote Senator Kohl-Welles, "I don't think the voters understood what they were voting for with I-1053." Seriously, the voters didn't understand I-1053? And what planet are you on?

We're working through another Concurrence/Dispute Calendar today and may be hearing the Capital Budget tomorrow; unfortunately, it will be yet another Capital Budget that I cannot support. I want to support the various school construction projects, but simply can't vote for a budget that relies on $488 million in new general obligation bonds. The taxpayers of Washington can't afford additional debt. We'll be running an amendment or two in an attempt to remove the need for additional bonds, but if we fail to pass those amendments, I won't be supporting the Capital Budget.


http://chum.ly/n/828d1c

No comments:

Post a Comment